t is no big secret that taking care of one’s wellness is the first step to a healthy pregnancy, baby, and motherhood. Being a well-woman directly impacts your ability to be a mother, no matter what your journey to motherhood looks like.
Three DMV-based mothers discuss what exactly a “”well woman”” is to them, as well as ways to prioritize self care and personal health while navigating motherhood. This conversation took place at the 2019 Mayor Muriel Bowser’s Maternal and Infant Health Summit. Participants in this panel include Angelica Talan, Amanda Rodriguez, and host Simona Noce (of District Motherhued).
Mom Health DC: Information about Mayor Bowser’s National Maternal and Infant Health Initiative
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/MomHealthDC
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/MomHealthDC
- Website: www.dcmaternalhealth.com
Thrive By Five DC: Resources for maternal health & healthy child development from birth to age five in the District of Columbia.
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/thrivebyfiveDC
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/thrivebyfivedc
- Website: https://thrivebyfive.dc.gov